Sunday, May 15, 2011

feliz dia del trabajador

well thats cool you went to saint george... i am currently in saint john... haha sounds like it was a fun trip and i hope that sean got his work done and was also able to learn a few things and changed a little aobut his form of thinking and doing things for the better. i know lisa is hookin him up with friends to have and hang out with. and hopefully she will do the same for me for girls to date and things haha

well this week went great! we had a pretty good week. we went to mendoza for zone conference my last one with president and hermana lindahl. that was kinda wierd. but it went really well and i learned a few things and had a pretty good talk with pres. lindahl. and he says he would really like to come to my homecoming and stuff that it would be a special priveledge for him and stuff. so that made me feel really good and happy. i also told him that you would like to go to his homecoming and to meet him and stuff. so he said he will give me the information before he goes home and i will pass it along to you all. and then you can go and hear him speak and meet him and talk to him. i am pretty sure it will be in provo.

also this week we did divisions and it went well. we had some reallyl special experiences and i was able to have some fun outside of my area and just really work with all my energy and not have to worry about my companion so much and all that. so it was a really big relief for me and alot of fun! we taught some really good lessons and the spirit was really strong and we also were able to give some really powerful blessings that gave me alot of ganas to keep going and to just keep working. even though it was super super cold and the wind was blowing and i didnt bring a jacket or anything i just had my sweater vest. but it was alot of fun and really rewarding.

one of our investigators(alba) told me the other day that she needed to talk to me but away from her kids and stuff. the kids all are members and she has been an investigator for three years but cant be baptized cause she lives with a guy and is not married. and cant get married till he gets a divorce from his previous wife. which he does not want to do... it is a really complicated situation. so she tells me this and i stepped outside to talk for a second with her and she told me that one of the kids living at the house she cant take anymore.... but does not know what to do cause it is not her kid it is the kid of the guy she lives with and neither him nor his wife want him around. and alba is the only other option but she cant take care of him cause she has no money for that. and he is a terrrible influence on her kids! it really made me think back to when i was home and the things taht were happening then with chris and how his desicions are not the best or for the best influence on anyone.... and the other problem was that her boyfriend figure that lives there. will not allow her to go to church anymore or listen to us anymore. but the thing is he is never around always working or buying drugs and women and bad things. he is a terrible person to her, with the way he treats her. so we left after she told me that and i told my comp and we studied and prayed about it. and went back the next day and we had some cool personal revelation! i shared about the way i have been raised and the problems that have occured in the house with my siblings and what has happened with them and even though it was hard what had to be done was they had to be kicked out. if they did not want to work, study, or obey the rules of the roof.... and so they left. and with her boyfriend, if he does not want her to be happy and do the right things he cant be the right guy. we shared about nefi when he cut off labans head and how it was better one man die then the curruption of a whole nation! better that two men leave the house then the curruption and fall of a whole family! was how we applied it. and my companion and i both decided what we want in our families and how we need to be with rules and things.

i grew up thinking all the time that i hated the rules that i had and i would never put them with my kids or if i would even have rules for them in general. but i know now it was for my better and that i will have those rules and maybe even more strict of ones so that my kids dont screw up as bad as i did in the same ways i did or anything like that. so that they will be happier and better off. i thought back to rebellious times when i wanted to leave and go live with my mom and i fought with lisa and dad. and i feel really bad for that sfuff. i was in a home where the spirit dwelled and that helped me to grow into a good person. jsut like in church, the more obedient we are the happier we live and the easier things are... the more obedient i was at home the happier i was and more fun i had. thankyou so much for all you did for me and helped me. sorry i was a pain at times but i regret it now and really see the happiness i had and how easy things really were for me. especially when i was obedient.

yesterday was the day of the worker and is the only day all year where there is no bus´s at all! so we had basically no one in church. but one of our investigators maxi... he came and that was a way good suprise he came in the cold on his moto. the testimonies that were shared were super powerful and he loved them and felt the spirit of them. it strengthened him he said and was really happy he came. but super hard day to work cause there was no busses to take us where we needed to go cause our area is huge! but it was alright. i cooked a roast yesterday also. i have made a few throughout my mission. i am prettly well known for cooking in my penches. so i cooked one for my comp and some brownies. he loved it and it was one of my best. i switched things up a bit from what i usually do. but it worked out for the better. we got to talkin and is it true that missionaries get money to help with there schooling at there homecoming.... cause if so, that would help me out a ton and would really need the help! but i dunno if that is true or not and really happens....

well i dunno if you are planning on calling me or not for mothers day next week.... but if you are. i will be in the chapel with my comp and you can call me at 730 in the evening argentina time. i dunno what that is there but you can figure it out... and call me at 0054 264 491 2568......

that is the number for argentina, then san juan, then for albardon.... so call be about 730 in the evening time on the argentina time. if you are planning on calling. if you dont call, that is fine. i will just email you and monday and see what happened or what we can do.

well i hope you all have a great week. and taht all is going well for you! thanks for everything, keep us in your prayers. they are felt and needed always. love you all and we will be talkin

con amor
elder bigelow

No comments:

Post a Comment