Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Feliz Navidad

Monday December 21,2009

HELLO... HELLO...

For all those none Spanish speakers out there including myself that means Merry Christmas! So merry Christmas. I know its not yet but by my next email it will just be old news…

Thanks for all your support and love it has been awesome I really can feel it. And I will write the barns family a setter but will send it to you and you take it to them. It is too much for me to send it separate. And no I have not got any packages except one from grandma Johnson. And the rest I have not got. The next opportunity for me to get any is on Wednesday at the Christmas party with the mission. But I don’t get any letters or packages as often as I did in the mtc, not every day or every week or every month. It’s about every six weeks. They just hold it all together over time and at zone conferences they hand it all out. So no I have not got anything yet from the family. I have from some of my guy friends and the Shurtz family and grandma Johnson. And that is it. So maybe on Wednesday I will get more from you and others. I hope so at least.

So we got the email today about numbers to call and stuff that will be at the end of the email. But yeah like 9 here so like 5 there. Ok? Great.

So this week was a pretty good week. I went on splits with the zone leaders and had my first experience with a companion that speaks no English… it was pretty good we talked a lot and he said he understood what I was saying so that was good and we found new investigators for him and his comp to teach. So it was pretty successful I would say.

We had our ward Christmas party this week also. It was so fun. I really liked it we had empanadas that me and Ayer helped to make 22 dozen of them. It was a lot and i was tired and sweaty after but we had to walk to the church still for the party. And we had most the entire ward there. About 55 people I think the final count came down to. So that was good and the youth put on Christ’s birth and that story for everyone and had been practicing for awhile. It was really good I didn’t understand much of it but it was still good I enjoyed it. They youth here have really accepted me now I feel. When I walk the streets they yell BIGELOW in there weird ways of how they pronounce it. And run and give me a hug or shake my hand. I have taught them cool little secret hand shakes with living bones in it. They love it. Its great they are all real cool. And the older youth like priests and teachers play a lot of rugby here and love looking at my football pictures and I have them look up Alta on you tube and they love it. So maybe some time if you could put my highlight video on there and they can see it. They all ask me about it a lot.

Speaking of pictures the ones I have of us in Yellowstone the people all here think they are the most amazing pictures ever and just love to look at them. It’s so funny. And they say you all are gorgeous so take pride in that. (if you have more then 3 teeth here you are considered gorgeous, so don’t get to big headed) but they are all just awesome.

So on Saturday the Austidillo family said they were ready to do there part and to come to church and be baptized. So we had a date for the 26th for them to be baptized and were ready for it. And they did not show up to church yesterday… what a shame so no baptism on the 26th. They want blessings but won’t do the things they need to, to relieve those blessings. We were going to go to there house and BAJAR LA CAINA but we are just not going to stop by them for this whole week and let them think about it a little bit and got by on Saturday and tell them they are invited to church and leave not talk or anything and maybe then they will get the point across that we are serious we cant stop by anymore if they wont keep commitments and progress. None of our investigators are progressing. My ward has not had a baptism since April. We can’t even get a less active family to come to church so their 8 year old son can be baptized. They want him to be really bad but they wont come to church. So he can’t till then. But we have had some good staff happen to its not all bad. Haha we have re activated a family in the ward after not coming to church once for two years and they have come every week and to every activity so that is really good.

We don’t have much planned for this week. We have a few lunches and the mission party and that’s it. But we are going to be making brownies and cakes and cookies and stuff and taking them to members on Christmas. So that will be fun. And me and Ayer have a lunch planned with the most poor family in the ward… that will be hard. Its on Christmas day to. They say they have soup every year. Just what I want in the 100 degree weather. And this year will be they same this time it is with rabbit in it. Rabbit stew. The hermano caught and killed a rabbit that came into his house they other night because they don’t have a door just a sheet for it so whatever wants can come in and out and dirt floor and just all around a sad situation. The whole house is smaller then our kitchen area. It is about the size of from the island to the stove that area and they have 6 kids. So that will be a hard time. But I love the family to death they are awesome. And always so happy and willing to help. There great.

They mission party will be awesome but it is so weird and doesn’t even feel like Christmas here. It’s so freaking hot!!!!! But oh well.

I love you all and will talk to you in a few days.

Love
Elder Bigelow

p.s

011 549 262 7509072
This is the number to call me at on Christmas. So call about 9 my time and 5 your time. And everyone is welcome to be there. Family, friends, people I don’t know, who ever wants to. And I get an hour or so. Its ok if we go over a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment