Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Feliz cumpleano hermanito

July 12, 2010

Well this week was a really good week. I went out and did divisions in my district to do a baptismal interview for the other elders and try to motivate them to work harder and to be happy. But they are both old in the mission and just tired and having a hard time and have been together for three transfers. But they did get a baptism on Saturday so that was really good. And wow how special it was for me to do the interview with their investigator, who is 17 and has lived a really rough sketchy life. But has changed through the gospel message and love of the lord in his life. He used to do drugs and rob and all sorts of things. But he told me that the first Sunday he went to church he just felt something so different in his heart and just had no more of a desire or craving to do any of those things again. it was way cool to talk to him and hear his story and the change in his life and its the part that when your teaching the person you don’t always get to hear or see, but i had the special opportunity to be able to. he someday will be a great missionary and do many great things.

Also this week on Sean’s birthday i was also celebrating big time here!! It was the independence day of Argentina on the 9 of July. So we all got together in the branch and we ate locro..., which is like a bean, sausage, meat, and corn stew thing. Its really good. The members were harassing me a bit cause I brought the wrong kind of plate I guess but it worked the exact same way, and it was the only ones we had. And they said that I couldn’t eat, so I proved them all wrong!!!!! I about died from it, but it was a matter of pride and more respect from the members haha..... I ate 8 huge plates of the stuff. I literally felt like I was going to explode, and I could feel it in my throat my stomach was so full of the food. I could barely move, but I went to the bathroom when no one was looking so they would not really know that I was not doing fine like I told them I was... It was either coming out one of two ends but it was coming out. I just could not hold it in, but I was in there for about 45 minutes, and then laid on the grass outside while everyone played and it all settled down and I felt a lot better, but it was awesome. Quite an experience!!! Oh and I way 92 kilograms now. I think that is a little over 200 hahahhah. It is funny but I think everything is just sticking to me cause I don’t sweat except in the morning durning excercises. But its cool. I am enjoying it.

Today we had interviews here in San Rafael, my first area. So we had to take a two hour bus to get here. And I just came up last night and spent the night with Elder Roberts that went to Alta with me. And we just like talked and hung out. We are becoming best friends, it’s the best. I love it, having someone to talk to and relate to share stories and talk about people that are keeping in touch with us. It is a lot of fun. He is insane, was on nitro circus and started that whole thing up with them and has traveled the world with his family and mtv. But still his favorite place to vacation and to go is Lake Powell. He loves it, and misses it. Its so funny sharing stories of Powell and stuff together. We already got a trip all planned out for when we get back and stuff. It will be good. But in my interview it was probably the most amazing interview I have had. Talking to him just made me so happy and he took a lot of time to teach me and help me. He answered all of my questions without me even saying a word. He taught me so many things that will help me in the mission but more importantly he taught me things that will help me for the rest of my life. In my work, family, and school. Everything.... it was amazing. And he told me again that he sees me as a great leader in the mission and to be expecting more to be coming my way soon, we just got to see how things come out these last few weeks of the transfer and if I do what he is looking for me to do. But I am SOOOO excited I cant even express how it went or say, I just don’t know it was way spiritual and enlightening. He really is called of God and called to be here to help me and all of us missionaries. Keep me in your prayers for the motivation and to not let him down or myself down. I have a lot of goals and things in the mission and I hope to accomplish them. And I know I can with the Lords help.

On Saturday morning we went out to do service and help an investigator family add on to their house with a fence. But when we got there, we walked down the street to an empty lot with bricks and cement. And we actually just started on building a house for this guys mom.... wow it was crazy. Quite an experience. the houses here are horrible and really sketchy. The tools they use are from like medieval times I swear. Strings with balls on them for leveling and clear houses for other leveling things, and bricks with cement, and if the brick does not fit, you hit it with a hammer and break it and put it in and fill the rest with cement. It is a little sketchy. But it’s the way they do things here I guess. It actually was a lot of fun. I dunno what it is but now when I do service and stuff I just have a total blast and before the mish it like killed a little part of me inside to have to get up and go do service. I was just so prideful and lazy I guess. But the mission has changed me so much just in this short time that I have here.

We also had one in church and we have one with a fecha for baptism right now for the 24th and will be putting another one this week also for the 24th of July so hopefully we have at least two more in this transfer. And put into practice some stuff that pres told me and have lots more investigators and keep the work going. it is but it is kinda stalling and we are having a hard time finding people and getting into houses. I dunno what is happening but no one is letting us in. so we will try and see what we can do and see what happens with me. Maybe move up again...

All is well I love hearing from you and knowing all is going well. Keep me informed and I look forward to hear more shortly. I have not got the packages yet by the way I dunno what the deal is. But next week I go to Mendoza for a special leadership meeting so we will see then. I love you and miss you thanks for everything, all the prayers everything. Keep it up and love you tons

Con Amor

Elder Bigelow

No comments:

Post a Comment