Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Happy 24th of July!

July 19, 2010

Well this week I have gotten all of your emails and thank you. It is really good to hear from you and I had a huge smile on my face during all of them some great stuff happened this week for the most part it sounds like. I had a pretty good week as well I took in everything that my president said and I used it and studied it and put it to work and had a really good week and had some really good numbers. And we have a baptism on Saturday, and we are really lookin forward to that. Things have been going good and will continue to go good with how we are working I am really looking forward to that. And tomorrow at 2 in the morning, some of you there might not even be asleep yet, but I have to get on a bus to go to Mendoza for a meeting of leaders to learn a bunch of new stuff from the first presidency that they want us to do. And will be there for three days then come back. So I am excited to go there and be apart of all this new learning and experiences we will have.

So I am going to answer some questions, mainly dad’s cause he is the only one who really asked. But I think everyone will learn a little bit and help them to understand things a little more here.... I generally have lunch everyday. But sometimes the members are busy or something and cant. Like this week we had it twice and the week before twice and all for times was polenta.... which I am not a fan of at all. It is just like play dough. But its food so I eat it. And I cook a lot actually I have become a pretty good cook I would say. Every morning and most nights if I am not to beat I will cook something to eat. And then for lunch. And if one of our investigators is dong good or one of our members really helped us out I will make some thing for them. Usually beef or some sort or chicken and I eat a lot of fruit and vegetables, French fries or mashed potatoes on occasion. But I need gravy or somethin. And lots of brownies, cookies, rice pudding, and yeah. its kinda funny how I have picked it up and stuff.

As for the bikes. Yeah we walk about two and a half hours there to a house and then tow in a half back. But it’s alright. And we don’t have bikes because they get stolen and ruined or something. So they don’t have them anymore. But we might be able to borrow some for when we go out there. We have hitch hiked a couple times and jogged a lot of the distance a few times. So we are making it fun anyways. But that’s pretty much why we don’t and now as of like two weeks ago there is not a single area in the mission that has bikes anymore. So we walk a lot!!!! Ha-ha its about 20km to the house that is the farthest out that we go to. a little more then that i think but some where close. Its always enjoyable and we backpack water to them to sometimes cause they don’t have any running water to use. But this last week there evangelical minister dude that gave them the house for free out there and was totally tine with us going to the house and visiting is now having freak outs if we go and if members go out with food to give and help them. He says that all mormons are gangsters in less harsh terms and all sorts of bad things. So the family was hurt by that, but they love us and the dad broke down to tears with us the other night, and they say we are always invited and can stay as long as we want. Just not even to worry about this loco. That was really cool and special experience for me.

We also get laundry done every week by a member and that is very good and has been very nice to have. I do wash things in a bucket on occasion, but its not to often. And our pension is really nice it’s a brand new apartment. But it is just all cement and we can’t have our heaters on all night or all day so when we are in it at night or in the morning it is just like being in an ice box. Its cold we can see our breath sometimes. But it makes it fun. The other day the pipes froze so we could not shower till like 4 in the afternoon. And now we leave just a drop of water falling at night in one of the sinks. But it is a really nice pensh just really cold. But it’s the life. Its just like a two year camping trip I think. I love it. Helps me to see the blessings that I have and the ones I had in the states even more.

Well nothin else really happened this week. But me and Moncur are doing this street domination thing where we knock every door on every street in our area and as we were going there to a street we were close to finishing on morning this week we started talking to this guy who was walking to his house and he rejected us hard and we smiled and kept going. Then we got to our last door and looked over and saw the man, stumble and fall straight backwards as he was going up a little ramp to enter his house. He didn’t bend his knees or anything and just cracked his head on the cement HARD!!! We went running over to him and he was knocked out cold. And his wife came running out and started to slap him and was screaming trying to wake him up. But then all my lifeguard training came back to me and I knew exactly what to do. I got her to calm down and stop hitting and trying to get him to get up. And I dunno how but I checked his neck and stuff then saw blood and his head was split so I got a towel from the lady and put it under his head, then the ambulance came and stuff and took him to the hospital. But I think I was more certified then the ones working with the ambulance, it was bad watching them almost drop him cause the are old weak guys. And then not do the bed thing right and nothing. Argentina’s health care is a joke. But it was so weird to me how that all happened and I remembered. Then a couple days later we went by his house. (hoping for a King Lamoni experience) we got let in and he had no clue who we were and did not remember anything. But him and his family were very grateful and listened a little. And had questions for us and gave us herbal tea so it was nice. But we did not get the King Lamoni experience we were hoping for. But still really good and a seed was planted I think.

I hope all is going well I miss you and love you very much. And dad you should have gave that girl my name!!! haha she is my age. haha and sounds like you all had a lot of fun in your trips and adventures this week. Keep having fun. And be safe. Go to the temple when you can. Pray together as a family often and keep strong and together. I love you and miss you

Con Amor

Elder Bigelow

No comments:

Post a Comment