Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Mejor a peor muy rapido

July 26, 2010

Well this week was a really rollercoaster for me. Monday was awesome, had an amazing district meeting and really got to the elders in my district and got them motivated a little bit. They are great just really mono toned and mono actioned. So I got them pumped little then got up really early to go to Mendoza and I slept for like 20 minutes on the ride but it was alright cause the meetings were AMAZING!!!!! And I got to work in my old area, in Trapiche where I really stamped my name there hard!!! I visited my converts and some of the members and it was a blast I am glad to say that most all of them are doing great still and a couple have the priesthood and my first baptism is preparing to go to the temple next January. She is saving money to go and is really excited. I loved it and about broke to tears with so much joy of seeing the fruits of my labors in that area. And we continued to have great meetings in Mendoza with president and the assistants. And had success in Trapiche, I started teaching this girl who I gave her daughter a blessing then I left from the area I think I told you about. But she is really interested in the church and we put a fecha with her to be baptized so it was really cool to go back and continue to have success in the area.

While I was there, my comp in the mtc Elder Harvey was made to be zone leader. So that was really cool to see him and be with him for three days in the meetings. Then president and the assistants talked to me and I know for sure I am going to be leaving Alvear next week and I will become a zone leader. I am really excited and it will be a great experience to continue to work. But they are really happy with the success we are having and the way things have changed in my district. I will either be going to San Juan which a complete other province in our mission, or to san martin which is in Mendoza capital pretty much. I hope I go to San Juan it is in the north and is blistering hot in the summer, gets up to 45 degrees or more in the day. And it has TONS of success. So I am really hoping I will go there. But if I go to san martin it will be ok, I will just be working really hard and will be a little stressful cause it is one of the lowest success rate zones in the mission. But I will go wherever. And I will be happy and excited to work and change things and put my mark on another area. I am really loving it. And again anything could change. Nothing is ever final till it is totally final. If you can understand that. But pretty much what we talked about in the consejo was teaching more with the spirit, the scriptures, and asking more inspired questions digamos. And bearing stronger testimony more often. It was amazing. Honestly it has changed my mission, just with the short time I have I know this will help a ton and we will grow so much and have a lot more success. I saw it when practicing in Trapiche, and while working here in my area. We had six in church yesterday and have four with baptismal fechas. I wont get to see all of them cause I will be leaving but at least two I hope I will see. Just so amazing I am loving it.

Then we came back from the consejo and I didn’t sleep on that either and we did not get back to our pension till 2 in the morning and then had to get up at 6. It was hard, but good, I was so excited and ready to go you don’t even know!!! I was right out of bed and doing work outs gettin all ready to go. And we had a really good day and it was awesome. Then at night president called and talked to our zone leaders and they were talking about going back to Mendoza the next morning. And I was way confused so I went in the room of one of them to talk to him cause me and him have grown super close and become the best of friends these last two transfers. And asked what was happening, and when they would come back. And he looked at me with tears in his eyes and said Bills will be coming back but he wont. That he was going home. He is a convert and no one else in his family is a member and had a really hard growing up in gangs and things and baptized and his life totally changed and then served the mission. But some things are happening at home that he said he needed to go home and fix. I was crying with him and could not believe it. He really is one of the best elders in the mission. It is honestly the first time I have felt so alone and home sick and not sure of what I was doing on Saturday morning when I got up and said bye to him and went out to work. I was so upset and struggling big time. But thanks to prayers, the scriptures and my journal. I was able to re focus and grow a little more and be happier and forget about what happened and go on. It will be a minimum of six months before he comes back if he does, I don’t think he will. He had 13 months in the mission this coming week and I just don’t think he will be back. President said he is getting an honorable release and stuff. But he is 23 years old and has a girlfriend and probably will get married. But who knows. It was cause of her he served. She is a member and his whole help and support system. But we will see I guess. It was just hard for me for a day. But I am back on track so no se recupe. All is well and I am still pumped as ever and will be working hard and am really excited.

So we won the competition and this week the zone leaders will be starting a little documentary of the day in the life of Elder Bigelow and Elder Moncur. It will be good I am excited and will have a little fun with it. I am really glad you are keeping yourselves really busy and going out boating a TON!!!! Sean sounds like he does not have a moment to spare which is good. Powell will be a lot of fun I bet and I am excited to hear that I will have another cousin in the force with me. I got everyone’s packages and thank you very much it was everything that I needed. Ben, Jenny and Noah, love you that was and is such an amazing package!!! Mom and dad I needed those thermals thanks, it will be funny if I go to San Juan where its cold now but not to bad nothing like here. And Beccy, something melted or exploded in yours but it smelt really, really good and I still to this moment don’t know what it was cause everything was intact and fine. Thanks a ton I loved it. And still am enjoying it everyday. I also got my letter from grandma Bonnie. Tell her thanks and I love them each month, really fun to read and learn. And all the pictures were really good to thank you.

I love you all and miss you very much, but I know that this is where I am to be right now in my life and that this is what I need to be doing. I have learned and grown so much in this short little time that I have on the mission but it has changed my life and how I look at people and life’s challenges. I love you and miss you!!! Take care and go to the temple often and tell everyone, hola from Argentina!!!!

Con Amor

Elder Bigelow

ps I think the curse of thinning hair or residing hair lines in the mission are true.... my widow peaks have grown I think..... hahha

No comments:

Post a Comment