Monday, September 13, 2010

Viento Zonda

August 30, 2010

Well this week was a fun interesting week, And hard and stressful all at the same time. But I had a good time and some good things happened and some bad things happened as well. But all and all it was a pretty good week.

This being the end of august we had 23 baptisms in our zone for the month. And that was and is the most in all the other zones in the mission. But we lost the presidents cup, that zone leaders win every week. We lost because we averaged 2.3 baptisms per companionship. And the zone that won has six companionships and won with 18 total baptisms. On Saturday we were expecting to win we did lots of interviews and worked really hard and did all our part. But Saturday we got phone calls and 7 baptisms we had planned fell through. If the didn’t fall through we would have broke another record and won everything si o si. So that was really heart breaking for us. But its ok cause 8 still got baptized on Saturday and we ended the month really well. The mission broke the record for most baptisms in one month for the Mendoza mission. We had 125 in total so that was really good and we all are happy for that and should be a really good consejo that we have these next couple days for the zone leaders of the mission with president and the assistants.

But this week it was tough working. It was 40 degrees and we had viento zonda. Which is really strong wind that comes through and it is nothing good. It is a wind that is really hot. So it was above 40 degrees and just ruined us. Gave us headaches and drained all of our energy. It was tough to work. And they say that that was just mild. It was nothing compared to what it will be here in a couple weeks to a month. So I will have that to look forward to.

On Thursday, president came up to san Juan for a little meeting with us and the district leaders so it was a really small group one on one almost. but he told me before how proud of me he is and that I am growing every week. And to keep it up and learn all I can that I could be at the top working with him soon if I keep it up.... wow that made me feel so good and such a complement to me from someone like him that I look up to so much. I am so excited for these next couple days that I have here in Mendoza with him in a consejo and I can learn even more from him. And in a practice he used me as an example and something we talked about in my very first interview ever with him. But still to this day remembers the details of it and said that it touched him and that is why he remembers. It was so nice and just made me feel so incredibly good to know that he listens and knows who I am. It was awesome.

I remembered that I also need some short sleeve white shirts if you could send me a few. Not buttoned collar, and a little more fitting not so like aired out and huge around the stomach and stuff. And if possible, some more diarrhea medicine. But other than that all is pretty well with me I said that I wanted.

How does Sean like Alta? Has he found anyone I know? I have a letter written for him I need to send I just need to get the time to send it off. And get it in the mail.

I hope all is going good for all of you I miss you very much and keep you in my thoughts and prayers always. Keep the scripture study up and go to the temple I miss it so much. And drink a dew and dr pepper for me, on me.... haha

Con Amor

Elder Bigelow

No comments:

Post a Comment