Monday, January 25, 2010

New post with Pictures

January 18, 2010
Hello family

Well glad to hear all went well in Mexico and you were able to speak to people still. My area is awesome I love it in Godoy Cruz its super nice and pretty clean. But the people do not like Americans much or ¨jankee¨ as they like to call me. The other day a car drove by us as we were walking in the street and honked as it passed and I waved as it went by… bad idea!! The guy slammed on his breaks and skidded and screeched the tires and ripped it into reverse rolled down his window and just started screaming at me! All because I was American and I was in his country and I was here to rape the women and that all Americans are murders. I could not contain myself I thought it was so funny… I don’t know why but I was just smiling from ear to ear and thought it was hilarious. He then spit at me and drove away.

Later in the week i did divisions with the zone leaders and a woman was out in the street sweeping her dirt like an argentine and we asked if she wanted help. Then she turned and got on a little rampage for about ten minutes where she yelled at us for not helping any other country out when they need it and stealing argentines’ electricity, water, gas, and all essential supplies. That we are not here to preach about god but to preach the North Americans are to be worshipped as god by everyone in the World… its funny the racism people have against North Americans here. And its weird how they know we are Americans when pretty much everyone here is white and I cant tell if someone is Argentine or American… but whatever I love them anyway.

We had Anna Maria’s baptism this week on Wednesday that was super cool and a special experience in the water with her and just the amazing spirit that was felt and we confirmed her yesterday in sacrament. She will be active for a long time I think because she has member friends she comes with every week to church who have good callings and are very active. She already wants to go through the temple with the ward on their next trip to the Santiago Chile temple. She is awesome.

Saturday your birthday pappa? Viejo!! Te amo muchas gracias para todas para me en mi vida y en todas cosas en mi vida. Tu siempre tiene aquí para me en escuela y deportes en todos. Muchas gracias para todas y feliz cumple año. But yeah so on Saturday we ha one baptism instead of the two more we had planned and it was because when we went to give Diego the interview he did not want to have it because he had smoked that day. Wow when I heard that my heart sunk and I was so sad I felt sick… it was weird I have never felt so disappointed in my life. Like I have been hurt and sad after losing a game or a girl break my little heart but never like this. I really do love him and know he can get over this smoking problem.

Sicilia was baptized though and that was good I did not get in the water this time I almost had to though. She is kind of a big girl and my comp is small and we thought there would be problems and there almost was but it worked out. He almost slipped and fell but he kept his balance. It was good I loved it.

So here there are 5 curses they like to say that every missionary will get eventually while they are here for there two years.

Bit by a dog

Kissed by a girl

Pooped on by a bird

Crap your pants

Fall in an accecia, or argentine gutter. Which are like three feet deep.

I have had three of the five happen to me while I have been here. Guess which three so far……………………………………….well I have been kissed you know that, also I got pooped on last week, and yesterday I got bit by a bull dog. Haha did not break skin but freak I was about to kick that thing so hard in the face but the owners were outside and did nothing and would have done something if I did kick it. So I didn’t but it hurt and I swear they sent it after me but whatever. So I have had three so far. Crazy huh.

Thank you for answering my questions dad. Glad to hear my Money is in something that it can grow while I am here. And I am glad to hear the car Is good even though I don’t care to much. I want it sold maybe and the Money saved away. I know I can talk in tu to you guys but I kinda like the vos that they use here. It’s like tu but it’s not, its beautiful. As you can tell I don’t know tu very well right know but I will learn. I only really know usted as of now but in time I will learn the others. Vos especially.

The Latin’s are doing good in my pensh. I am learning to be patient and more humble. I have come along long long ways since before. I think but I still need more with them because a few are not with me. My comp is but the rest not to much. And I have two other sister missionaries in my district from Buenos Aires who are total jerks to me and I strongly dislike them from some of the comments they have made and jestures towards me. But its ok, things this week have gotten a lot better as the week has gone on.

these are the pictures. i have a few other pictures of it but these are the best ones that i had. it really was a great time and amazing spirit.

dont you love the background of anna maria with her son and her sons girlfriend. neither are members or really have any interest. but they all insisted on taking the picture in front of the poster of a video for members to watch on how to clean the chapels...

we have a huge chapel its two floors and sacrament is upstairs it has an elevator for all the old ladies to go up with. its nuts! there is one other that is nicer in the other elders area. its brand new and looks just like one in the states. so i am lucky to have a chapel. other areas in the mission the chapel is a house and the baptismal font is a like little kids pool... so yeah.

con amor
elder bigelow(for the first email, i forgot)

otro vez

con amor
elder bigelow




No comments:

Post a Comment