Tuesday, January 5, 2010

uno mas ano nuevo... ha ha

January 4, 2010

Hola hola hola
Well we are in 2010 now. That’s cool! I welcomed it in with loving arms before you all did though so its all good don’t worry. The world did not end…yet. We went to a members house and ate and chatted then at midnight they did the countdown on the radio and then fireworks went off and everyone hugged and kissed and stuff. It was weird shaking all the girls hands for new years….. Never done that before. Really is kinda awkward especially when everyone is hugging and kissing. And the culture is to hug and kiss each other on the cheek. We can’t do it with the girls but it most definitely happens guy to guy all the time so we have to do it with them… little weird but I have got used to it. New people we teach and stuff kiss us to we just tell them after that we don’t do that and not to do it to us anymore sorry its mission rules. So, I have been kissed by a lot of, worms (little girls all over missionaries), snakes (teen age girls and a little older), and dragons (old women) that is how they are classified here by the missionaries. But back to new years. Its kinda weird the fireworks at 12 not so good, But then at 1:30 it is crazy and just way good. Not sure why it happens an hour and a half after but whatever its argentine and that’s just the way it is. It was good all and all I liked it.

So the other night I had another weird food with our landlord and his family…. I had cow tongue, and cow brain empanadas…. The cow tongue had like deviled eggs on it and it was super vinegary. The empanadas they were alright just… chewy… but it is both a real delicacy here I guess so it was EXTREMELY nice of them to have us over to eat that with them.

So we fasted yesterday for our investigators to come to church. And guess what FOUR came!!! But the fast needed to be done more specifically… they came when the sacrament song was playing and were not aloud in by the brother sitting at the door. And the sacrament does not go out into the hall here and they hold the door shut during the song and until the priesthood is dismissed to sit with their families. No one is allowed in or out during that time. So our investigators got very upset and left… so we ran down the street after them when we were allowed out. Literally ran after them but could not find them. They were very mad. Especially one guy who came to our church last week just seeking a blessing from us because we have given so many blessings here already and we told him he is always welcome to join us for sacrament. But apparently not to him cuz he was shut out. I was so mad…. Needless to say we talked to the ward leaders and things are being changed a little bit especially for investigators cuz they don’t know why it is sacred and stuff or what we are doing. So thankfully it is getting changed up.

This week is transfers. I am still not sure if I am getting changed or not, But I am thinking and feeling like I am going to be here for one more transfer and with my comp for one more, but I do not know. We will find out by today or tomorrow at the latest.

Lisa you asked if the cigarettes and alcohol are more expensive here then in the states… and that is an overwhelming NO it is a ton cheaper here. Everything is a TON cheaper except for cars.


My accent is better then my speaking right now. I don’t know why but it is coming along I learn more everyday.

That is way cool president carter remembered me and involved that in your blessing that means a lot to me. A lot of people truly do remember and have that love for this work.


Con Amor
Elder Bigelow

Ps. what is my blog info I want to look at it sometime. And I was with the Ortiz family on new years and Christmas. They really are so amazing. When I do get transferred it will be hard to say goodbye to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment