Monday, February 8, 2010

Updates from Elder Bigelow

Family

Well this week was a good week. I worked hard and did all I could to push myself and make myself better. I forgot about others and them a week ago and it has helped. I had three in church and one I am putting a fecha with tomorrow for Saturday so I hope she accepts. Her name is mirna and has a lot of problems pray for her and that she will continue to find peace in the church and accept the baptismal date.

Transfers are next week and I was in the office today. Prez pulled me in his office to talk for a second about stuff that has happened this transfer and he said he is going to transfer me next week to somewhere and make sure I have a blast and a lot of fun. He said maybe to campo cuz its harvest time for the grapes and olives and fruits for the wines and such and these areas are awesome. And our mission is exploding right now. We had more in church Sunday then ever before in the mission, and the best January ever so it’s going good. Our mission is very young right now so that says a lot about us and how things are going. I think I might be put as senior comp the transfer after this next one... but I dunno cuz right now I have taken it upon myself, so I pretty much am already, but I dunno we will see. Oh and in the offices I got the package from the church. Thank you and tell them all thank you and I love them.

I also got a card from grandma Johnson. Someone please tell her I got it and that I cannot cash the check she sent to me.

I have started to love reading.... I don’t know what has gotten into me but I look forward to it so much. I read the B.O.M in 4 weeks and I read the Day of the Defense in two days this weekend!! Awesome book I recommend it. Thanks Austin. And I am almost done with D and C. and also involved in Jesus the Christ. I am loving it. I hear there is a book by the same author that wrote Angels and Demons and those books, wrote one about the Mormon Church.... look into it and let me know. I would like to read that.

Are you getting my letters? How is Lindz and the baby. I feel excited for them I really like the name Malakai. How is Noah? Everyone doing ok? I hope you are seeing blessing from this service. I know that you will receive them and that my mom will be too in the spirit world. DC 31.... it’s a good one.

My prez is awesome too dad. He has adopted the number system that the south SLC prez has in store and it really works. I have heard some bad stories about that mish though from elders who served there before coming here cuz of visa problems. But it really is like talking to an apostle I love it and I love him. I know his family so it’s even more special for me. keep up the good missionary work and I will do the same. Deal?

I love you all and miss you. Keep those prayers up and I will do the same and keep working hard. Mom and dad stay awake in church.

Con Amor
Elder Bigelow

Ps. I don’t know why but a thought popped in my head this morning when I was walking and I thought I needed to send it. Its for Sean.... bud I am super proud of you!!! I don’t know why or what you did. But I know the spirit told me you have done something that is right and I can feel it in my heart. I am proud of you and want you to know that. Read your scriptures pray and listen in church. Search for things that will help you in your life. Trials will come and its how you handle them that show who you are and who you will become. I know you’re an amazing person. You have the priesthood and hold that dearly to you. Respect it and obey Gods commandments everyday. I did not always know or understand what it meant to respect my priesthood so I did not always respect it like I should have. I regret that. Obey Gods commandments. The priesthood is real and I have seen miracles in my life and in the mission already where it was only through the priesthood that they happened. I have felt Gods hands on mine while giving blessings and know he is there ministering with us. I love you and am proud of you.

pps. I know some elders do take advantage of the money thing. And I will watch out for it. Thanks for your advice and love. I am running low though. thanks and I miss you and love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment