Tuesday, February 23, 2010

New letter with Photos!














hola famila y amigos de mio

Well this week was a good week I have two new elders in my pensh. One is brand new and is being trained he is a gringo from Cali. And his trainer is a Latin. So it is hard on him especially cuz his area is a little rough. But I talk to him and encourage him and tell him it could be worse cuz I have already experienced it. But his trainer was a zone leader in the mish for 9 months and he is so awesome I just laugh and laugh talking to him. So with him in the pensh my comp is getting his butt into gear a little bit more and we have been working very hard this past week. We have a couple of awesome references that we are going to teach this week and hope it all goes well.

So this week I got to thinking and realized that the misión is a lot like Alta football while I was there. We are good and people have all sorts of rumors about us that we recruit and try to get kids from other schools to come play and every other school in the state hated us and had heard about us and just went off of what they heard not about what they know or try to find out for themselves. That is related to the mish because everyone hates the Mormons for some reason and think we worship Joseph smith as a god. And they all have heard about us and know who we are and claim to know everything about us. Like we even have our rivals like Bingham, Jordan Brighton, Skyline… Catholics, testigos Evangelical, and science. Its great! Same analogy could be used for North Americans. They hate us and claim to know it all about us. Its funny really. But I love them anyway and a lot of people are really nice and loving and respectful its just the few that are not.

So the other day we were in the chapel for a meeting with the ward mission leader, and ward missionaries and it was going great and really making some good plans for march. And then pounding came at the door and my comp and I went to go see who it was and it was the police slash swat team with shields and body armor and shotguns and everything ready to make battle. We opened the door to see what was happening and they said they got a call from this address and came. But no one called them it was only us… and they all left a little disappointed and but that was kinda fun. The police here are super lazy they don’t do anything so I was shocked with this one. But yeah.

Yesterday had and awesome spiritual experience where we went to take the Sacrament to a lady in the ward who was in an accident and like has a broken back. And she moved out of her bed to the kitchen for us to come and give her the sacrament. And we gave it to her and in the prayer she cried and was crying when we gave it to her I asked if she was ok and thought her back hurt but she said no it was fine. Just that she felt the spirit in the room and Christ in there with us and felt like she was touching the hands of angels when she touched us and everyone in the house agreed with her and said the same to us and were in tears as well. It was really cool and special.

Keep praying for my happiness and joy in the work and for me and my companion to keep getting along and to have more peace and love continually. And that we will find and teach more people.

I love you all and miss you.

Con Amor
Elder Bigelow

Ps I got a package from the Shurtz family and loved it. And I got a package from Ben and Jenny that was special thank you so much I loved it and the pictures were awesome. Noah is getting big. But don’t write on the green paper thing for the package its expensive just say like ten dollars or something and misión supplies. And it’s cheaper for me.





No comments:

Post a Comment