Monday, November 9, 2009

Letter plus some pictures


(Dallin and Me)

(Missionary Goggles)















November 6, 2009

Family-

Hello there!! Thanks for the email dad! Really made me feel good. And I did get the package from Becky. I sent her a letter right before we got the mail and the package was in it waiting for me. So I have now heard from you Becky. Thanks! the dictionary is great so far. A lot better then the crappy dictionary they give us here.

This week was a pretty boring week nothing really happened just class, study, eat, and sleep. Even though a few more Alta kids came in this week and at dinner Wednesday it was like a huge Alta reunion. we all saw and talked to each other. I am glad to hear I will be getting a letter from you dad sometime today or tomorrow. I have been a little bummed not hearing from you this week. Yesterday in the mail all the Argentina missionaries got this paper to go to a meeting on Tuesday to talk about visas, so who knows how that will go. That’s all it said on it. It could be good or it could be bad. But hopefully either by Tuesday or the latest Friday I will know, because I am supposed to get my travel plans by that time. I guess I will see if I hear anything from Lindsey since she never wrote and told me, and you forwarded her my email.

So this week I have been thinking and talking about the mission with a lot of people. I have met a lot of RM's from Argentina and stuff and just in general with my district. If we get down there on time and everything, we will have 22 months there. . . that does not even seem like enough time at all! It seems so short! Like how am I to do all the work that needs to be done in 22 months? I will have to freaking bust my butt every single day to try and make the absolute most of my time! I feel like the people there deserve so much more time then that and that I need to give them more time. Ah!! I can’t believe it. And I have talked with some former missionaries down there none from Mendoza but around it. They have all
said that I am SO lucky, and it is like the prettiest and coolest mission down there. They were always so jealous of the missionaries who got to serve in that area. That it truly is incredible! That just sent me over the edge. I am so PUMPED!! Why can’t I go today, besides the fact my Spanish sucks and the visas are backed up? Ha ha. I want to go now and if I go state side to start that will be sweet two missions in one. God needed me in two places at once. Sweet. And I will get thanksgiving maybe, and get my Spanish a little more down then what it is now.

We taught the first lesson for the second time in Spanish this week. That went good, and now we are getting ready for the second lesson in Spanish this week. There is a ton of vocab that goes in it. It will be interesting, but I am super excited.

So Ben, I hear that Chileans and argentines are huge rivals! I also have heard that the argentines are a very prideful! So I guess I will get along pretty nicely with them. Something we have in common even though my pride, I think, has really gone down quiet a bit. I feel I am pretty humble, and my district is probably the most humble district ever- pretty much because we already know we are better then everyone.... ha-ha just playin.

Well I look forward to hearing from all of you soon, and I will let you know where I am going if its not Argentina right away. Life is good the church is true! I love this work and I can’t imagine myself anywhere else. I am on the Lord’s errand. Even if I only convert one person, that is still a whole generation of kids and missionaries and more converts. And like it says in Alma, call on one to repentance and bring thousands back to God. I love you all so much!!!

Love
Elder Bigelow

Ps. stickers to be sent. Anything that a little argentine child would like. Ask Ben or something. His idea and I have heard that they LOVE them!!! And I already love them and want to give them what I can.

(Me and Kyle)








(Me and my companions all to Mendoza)






(Pointing to my future home...long way from home)

No comments:

Post a Comment