Sunday, November 22, 2009

Zacks last letter from the MTC

November 20,2009

FAMILIA y AMIGOS

Hello! So this is going to be my last email from the mtc...crazy I cant believe it is already here! As far as I know my e-mail will still be the same but it could change to a gmail I dunno... my mission president has a gmail account for the mission so we could have that be our new address when we get there but I don’t know for sure. I am super nervous, but SO excited also. It will just be crazy living in a totally different country for the next 22 months. I can’t wait to see the facial expressions of people down there when they hear me try to speak Spanish. I will just die laughing cause they won’t be able to understand me. But someday they will I am sure, and have faith in that. I cant wait to see the change in peoples lives and in my own...

So I gave myself the challenge to give out four books of Mormons in my travels. Two in English and two in Spanish. That will be very nerve racking! But once I step off this campus I am officially in the field, and have to start working like I am in the field by contacting and teaching people who are not members, and not just other missionaries who already have a testimony. That will be really cool.

We have one elder in our district who did end up getting reassigned temporarily till his visa comes in. He leaves on Wednesday to the Chicago North mission until his visa gets passed through. He is way excited and we are all a little jealous of him.. He gets to get broken in and gets thanksgiving and possibly one Christmas here, and one in Mendoza.

I have all the same meal times as Elizabeth Smart. That’s pretty cool. She Is very nice I said hi and talked to her for a second. Her brother is here in the MTC also. So they are here together, so that’s way cool. All the elders in my zone think that this place is Hogwarts from harry potter. And we decided yesterday that Sister Smart is equivalent to Harry. Everyone knows who she is and turns to look at her when she walks by. ha-ha

Also today we talked to an actual argentine. Straight from Buenos Aires. Yup I know anything and will be laughing a lot at what people are saying and that they cant understand me. But he is very nice and said that I will love it there and said again that Mendoza is absolutely gorgeous! So family you will be picking me up as of now. That is how I feel and is what I want you to do. We can go over into Chile to see Bens mission and see the sights down there. I hear there is a ton of way cool stuff to see and do. Mendoza is currently building like a main tourist place for the country. So you know the place is awesome. I can’t wait.

Today was the last day going to the temple for two years...that was sad and hard for me to leave the celestial room. I have so many great feelings and experiences in there it will be hard not to be able to go in there and count on it every week. So possibly, the Buenos Aires temple will be reopened by the end of my mission and we can go to the Santiago Chile temple, and go to Buenos Aires or one of them. That would be cool and an awesome experience for all of us I think. So lets plan on it and do it.

So I will be calling Lisa in Georgia about 3 or 3:30 Utah time. Talk for a bit then call you dad? Or if I have a lot of minutes call Becky so I can talk to you longer before I board the plane? I dunno I will do something like that depending on how many minutes I have because I want to talk to you dad.

I know this church is true. I love this gospel and I love this work. I cant wait to see my life change and have an opportunity to serve Gods children and see there lives change as well. I know that the book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith was a prophet and he saw God the father and the son Jesus Christ. I know he translated the book of Mormon a collection of stories and teaching of Christ and prophets from ancient America. I know we have a living prophet on the earth today in Thomas S Monson. He is the Lords mouth piece for us and we need to listen to his teachings. I love this gospel so much. I know that there is a plan for us and if we strive to live the commandments and obey them we can live with our families and with God again someday.

I love you all so much and will miss! Please stay in touch!

Mucho Amor
Elder Bigelow

P.s. Lisa, dad I am sending my carry on suitcase home I don’t need it everything is all packed up and I don’t need that. So I am sending it home and you will have to go someplace and pick it up. They will let you know. Somewhere around our house I am sure. And I got my final shot yesterday. It was 93 dollars. I do not have that money so in the suitcase inside the box is a blue paper with what needs to be done ASAP. And pick it up soon please I have important stuff for you in it.

I got the debit card and I do have the pin yes. thank you very much!

give Becky some copies of the pictures on the cd in my package. She was wanting some and the machine broke the other day so I wont have time to send her some.

No comments:

Post a Comment